Saturday, February 20, 2010

Why you...you product whore!

Believe me, I don't mind it. And the statement holds true as my pajama pants are red (I know you can't see them, but they are indeed red). I. Love. Product! I buy everything from leave in conditioners to hairspray, lotions to serums, room deodorizers to laundry detergents...you name it, I buy it, I try it. Most ladies shopping crack is fashion driven, and don't get me wrong, I love clothes. The fascination with product is that it's never too tight, never too trendy, usually smells fantastic, and so on. In other words, I don't have to leave the dressing room to grab the bigger size. You know what I'm talkin' bout ladies. Product always fits.

So why listen to me anyway? Bad news, you don't know me from Eve. Good news, I'm just like you. I am a career driven woman who is endlessly busy day in and day out. Like most people these days, I was let go from a job awhile back. Even though it was a massive blessing, I've found myself having to cut back in all areas of my life financially. And what suffers the most...PRODUCT! What used to be morning showers filled with the aroma of Kerstase Volumactiv shampoo and conditioner, has most recently been filled with store brand face wash and whatever else I can tolerate that's on clearance at Target. My goal, since I started some contract work, is to find a happy medium. What are the best products out there that are accessible and affordable in this time of the dreaded word...recession. Women's magazines tend to put everything out there, making it hard for women to make decisions. And why take their advice anyway when the reader has no idea what shenanigans took place in order for a company to have their product grace the pages of Cosmo and In Style. Hear it straight from the source. And I promise not to bore. During my quest for lovable product, I'll interweave my life experiences...and it's a WHIRL. WIND!

So, lay back, cancel the spa appointment and put your money back in your pocket. Let's be product whores together!

No comments:

Post a Comment